Government of India (Bharat Sarkar)
Ministry of Railways (Rail Mantralaya)
PC-VII No. 115/2018
RBE No. 128/12018
No. F(E)Spl./2009/FR/1/3 (7th CPC)
New Delhi, Dated: 05/09/2018
The General Managers and FA&CAOs
All Indian Railways & Production Units
(As per standard list)
Sub: Grant of ‘Additional Post Allowance (APA)’ – abolition of existing Dual Charge Allowance being granted to officers in Indian Railways- decision of the Government on the recommendation of the Seventh Pay Commission (7th CPC).
Ref:- Board’s letters No.F(E)Spl./2016/FR/1/1 dated 16.01.2017 and No. F(E)Spl./2009/FR/1/3 (Part-2) dated 06.03.2018.
Recommendations had been given by Seventh Central Pay Commission (7th CPC) in its report for abolition of Dual Charge Allowance (DCA) and covering the same under a new Additional Post Allowance.
2. This recommendation was under consideration of “Committee on Allowances” and Ministry of Finance vide their Resolution dated 06.7.2017 had accepted the recommendation of “Committee on Allowances” regarding abolition of DCA and replacing the same with Additional Post Allowance (APA).
3. Formulation of detailed guidelines regarding modalities for grant of APA was under consideration of the Nodal Department viz. Department of Personnel and Training (DoP&T).
4. After detailed deliberations with this Ministry, guidelines have now been issued by Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Personnel & Training (DoP&T) vide their OM No.2/13/2017-Estt. (Pay.11) dated 08.08.2018 for newly proposed Additional Post Allowance (APA).
5. The above mentioned OM of Department of Personnel & Training (DoP&T) relating to grant of Additional Post Allowance (APA) will apply mutatis-mutandis to Railway employees also. These provisions of APA shall be effective from 01.07.2017.
6. Advance Correction slip to the chapter XI of the Indian Railway Establishment Manual, Voll Revised Edition, 1989 will follow.
7. Hindi version will follow.
8. Please acknowledge receipt.
(G. Priya Sudarsani)
Director Finance (Estt.)